ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door-opening solutions – solutions you might already be using on a daily basis without even thinking about it.
We open doors to events, museums, airports, hotels, homes… in fact, we open doors to life. As the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience.
ASSA ABLOY is represented on both mature and emerging markets worldwide, with leading positions in much of Europe, North America, Asia and the Pacific. In the fast-growing electromechanical security segment, the Group has a leading position in areas such as access control, identification technology, entrance automation and hotel security.
Since its formation in 1994, ASSA ABLOY has grown from a regional company into an international group with around 47,000 employees and sales over SEK 71 billion. As the world’s leading lock group, ASSA ABLOY offers a more complete range of door opening solutions than any other company on the market.
| EMEA EMEA division manufactures and sells mechanical, electromechanical and electronic locks, cylinders, security doors and fittings in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Most sales take place in West Europe, but emerging markets in East Europe and the Middle East are gaining in importance. EMEA consists of a number of Group companies with a good knowledge of their local and in many respects diversified markets. Some of the division’s leading brands are ABLOY, ASSA, IKON, Mul-T-Lock, TESA, UNION, Yale and Vachette. The division has 11,900 employees and divisional management is based in London, United Kingdom.
| Americas Americas division manufactures and sells mechanical and electromechanical locks, cylinders, security doors and door frames in North and South America. The majority of the division’s sales are in North America, where ASSA ABLOY has an extensive sales organization and sells its products through distributors. Sales in South America and Mexico take place mainly through distributors, wholesalers and DIY stores. Some of the division’s leading brands are Ceco, Corbin Russwin , Curries, Emtek , Medeco , Phillips, SARGENT and La Fonte . The division has 7,000 employees and divisional management is located in New Haven, Connecticut, USA.
| Asia Pacific Asia Pacific division manufactures and sells mechanical and electromechanical locks, digital door locks, high-security doors and fittings. China and the rest of Asia account for around 70 percent of sales, while Australia and New Zealand account for the remaining 30 percent of the division’s sales. In Asia, the division’s largest brands are Baodean, GATEMAN, Guli, King, Pan Pan, Shenfei, Tianming, Wangli and Yale. In Australia and New Zealand, the largest brands are Lockwood and Interlock. The division has 15,500 employees and divisional management is based in Hong Kong, China.
| Global Technologies Global Technologies has a leading position as a supplier of electronic security solutions worldwide. The division consists of two business units: HID Global and ASSA ABLOY Hospitality, with sales mainly to the commercial segment. HID Global is a global leader in secure identity solutions, primarily in identity and access control, and in contactless identification solutions. ASSA ABLOY Hospitality is the market leader in electronic lock systems and safes for hotels and cruise ships. The division has 2,500 employees and divisional management is based in Stockholm, Sweden
| Entrance Systems Entrance Systems division is a global leader in automatic entrance solutions. The product range, sold under the Besam brand, includes automatic swing-, sliding- and revolving doors, air curtains and a comprehensive service range. Door-, gate- and garage door automation and industrial doors are sold under the Ditec brand. The products are sold through distributors and installation companies, and installed in industrial, commercial, institutional and residential applications. The division’s third brand, EM, markets automatic pedestrian door products and targets major distributors particularly in Europe. The acquisition of Cardo closed in March 2011 and Cardo Entrance Solutions was consolidated in ASSA ABLOY from March 18, 2011. Cardo Entrance Solutions will operate under the well-known brands Crawford and Normstahl as separate units within the division Entrance Systems. Crawford and Normstahl add important competence, products and service primarily in the field in the area of industrial doors in Europe, but also for garage doors for the residential segment. The combination of Crawford/Normstahl and ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems will strengthen ASSA ABLOY’s ability to offer customers a total and unique solution for both products and maintenance. With the acquisition the division has an estimated annual sales of over SEK 9 billion and around 6 500 employees. Divisional management is based in Landskrona, Sweden.